This meeting happened on Nov 21 2020 -link to notes from this meeting
RSVP for our next meeting Saturday November 28th at 2pm pst/5pm est 10pm GMT by DMing us at @AaronSwartzDay on twitter or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
|Or join our discord – where we will also post the meeting link:
Hello everyone :)
Here is our very simple agenda for our first ever weekly meeting on Saturday:
- Q&A re: Hackathon Technology Projects
- Q&A re: Hackathon Activism Projects
- Mutual Aid projects and ideas
- Prisoner support training
- Any other new project introductions and brainstorming
- This Week in Concentration Camps (bring news to the meeting to share)
- More coming soon…
Hackathon Technology Projects:
- Lisa Rein, SwartzManning VR Museum, Art Gallery & Funhouse
- Internet Archive, Internet Archive’s Scholar – Help the Internet archive test their latest alpha search tool & give them detailed feedback.
- Danny O’Brien’s “People’s Pollster” talk from our November 14 event —- Danny can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org – and if you don’t hear back let me know and I’ll get his attention. Let’s build this project! Danny is completely open to collaborating on building this project. Now. For realz.
- Link from Danny’s talk: https://github.com/rethinkpriorities/rp_2020_benchmarking_poll
- Second Link from Danny’s Talk: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5c64375df4e5314e7985012c/t/5f998f048ef3c11dadf5ddc1/1603899141511/Biden+at+%2B9.8+support+nationally+in+Rethink+Priorities+poll,+Dems+%2B5.3+for+Congress.pdf
- Note that Aaron Swartz did this for real; and had an actual prototype that gave reasonably good results. So if you want to follow in Aaron’s footsteps, here’s your chance. It could be super important in the 2022 mid-term elections, and in all elections, moving forward. ok thanks!
- Open Library (User Testing, Programming, Writing/Research) The Open Library was created by Aaron Swartz and the Internet Archive, to provide a web page for every book.
- Internet Archive Experiments (Programming, User Testing, Writing/Research) A showcase of community made experiments built with data and services from Archive.org.
- Internet Archive APIs
- Priveasy.org – Contact: Noah Troy – email: Admin at Priveasy.org
- Priveasy is an open source community-driven internet privacy and security organization.
- Your great project here
Hackathon Activism Projects:
- Dave Maass, EFF – Atlas of Surveillance – Background
- Dave Maass, EFF – Atlas of Surveillance – How volunteers can help crowd source data
- Will Howes, Aaron Swartz Timeline Project
- Lisa Rein, Aaron Swartz Day Police Surveillance Project (Writing/Research)
- RSS News Reader Revival (Programming, Writing, Research)
- The Society Library – The Society Library’s mission is to archive and contextualize humanity’s ideas, ideologies, and world-views to present to the public in sincere inquiry after truth, understanding, and education. Our mission is an educational one, therefore we aim to be objective by processing information through an inter-coded content analysis platform to detect and defend against our potential bias as we systematically identify, organize, and present information in the library.
- Prisoner Support Training: General support and also tailored to your prisoner
- #CloseTheCampsNowJoe (Close the concentration camps project)
- Mutual Aid education and setup
- Your great project here