Updated: October 18, 2020
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (or email@example.com if you’d prefer encrypted email) – or DM us at @AaronSwartzDay on Twitter
New hackathon starts November 7, 2020!
We will begin adding new projects to this page soon :)
These projects below are from our last virtual hackathon – but they will be going strong in November too :)
Here’s where we continually update specific answers to questions about this hackathon.
2. So how does this work?
Next create an account at cryptpad.fr to have access to secure whiteboards, storage drives, and other secure collaborative tools.
You will need to exchange your cryptpad profile URLs with each other in order to load each others’ profiles and add each other as contacts. You can also email your profile URLs to firstname.lastname@example.org – so we can add you as a contact :)
We will hold a live video meeting on Jitsi at approximately 12pm PST (San Francisco Time Zone) on Saturday June 13th. We will put the link here & tweet it right before noon.
3. Why “RF Edition” – and is it ok to work on non-RF projects?
Both OP25 (works with GNURadio software-defined radio application) and LoRa networks fall under the “RF” umbrella. So, that’s how that started. But the more we learn about RF technologies and the need for community-based secure communication, the more it seemed like our community was perfect for the task.
4. What projects are people working on?
5. Are there projects that don’t involve programming?
Yes! We also wish to use this opportunity to hack on our other cool projects, such as:
- contributing, testing, or adding data to our SwartzManningVR destination
- helping us look through all the data we’ve received from Police and Sheriff Departments last year, through our Police Surveillance project
- contributing, , testing, or adding data to a the Leela Maps application (iphone and mac only)
- think of it as a working prototype
- perhaps she we’ll make the whole thing web-based & cross platform in the future
- YOU can help us figure that out :)
More about these projects on the project page.